Hello St. George Cathedral Families,
We hope you have all had a wonderful summer and great start to the fall! We are Katie Patterson, Tina Smith and Nikki Statoulas and we are honored to be Co-Directors of Religious Education at St. George. Fr. George, our teachers, and our team are very excited to begin Religious Ed back in person on Sunday, October 3. Below, please find some information regarding the start of the school year.
- Sunday, October 3 is the first day of Religious Education. Religious Education begins at 9:45 AM on Sunday with the start of Divine Liturgy. After communion (10:50 AM), children head to their classrooms and are dismissed at 11.45 AM.
- The remaining Sundays in 2021 where we will NOT be having Religious Education are the following:
January 2, 2022
- The Christmas Pageant will be held on Sunday, December 12 with the snow date on December 19.
- This is the link to register for Religious Education: https://forms.gle/
- We will be following Hartford Public Schools protocols regarding COVID.
- Masks will be required for both teachers and students.
- Only students and teachers will be allowed in the classrooms.
- Snacks will be pre-packed and individual. Students will be 6ft apart and windows will be opened for ventilation.
- PreK – 8th Grade will sit in the designated front pews on the right side of the nave. Grades 9-12 will sit in the pews beyond the Bishop’s Throne.
- Students in grades Pre-K thru 5th grade will need to be picked up by a parent or older sibling. Older children will be dismissed on their own.
- Parents or siblings picking up will wait in the hallway.
- Attendance will be recorded weekly
Please feel free to reach out with any questions! We are looking forward to a great year as we head back to in person learning. Thank you all for your commitment and effort in bringing our youngest generation of Orthodox Christians to our St. George Religious Ed! See you soon!
With Love in Christ,
Katie Patterson, Tina Smith, Nikki Statoulas
St. George Religious Ed Co-Directors